Saturday, September 7, 2013

It's not a mistake, it's an opportunity!

Every year, I find it frustrating how quickly many of us are willing to just give up when we make a mistake. This year, I have found inspiration in the book, Beautiful Oops! I encourage everyone to read this great book. The book illustrates many mistakes and how, if we just look at things differently, we can change those oopses into something beautiful! What a lovely life lesson as well! 
I have already read the book to kindergarten and first grade this year. We followed up the book with fixing an oops. I gave the students papers that were ripped, folded or marked up and they were tasked with turning the mistakes into something beautiful. 
The older students will be discussing the book in upcoming art classes.
The image above shows a few of the posters hanging around the art room this year. Reminders for all us, including myself, that it is not a mistake, it is an opportunity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment